Thursday, November 3, 2011

VOD 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20

1 Corinthians 6:19b-20
You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.


I find it difficult sometimes, to really just surrender all I am to God:  All my worries, my pride, my love life, my relationships, my education, my jobs, my future...my life!  Some things, I want to just...think I have control over them because...I dont know...It gives me a false sense of security? but in the end, what I need to remember is this.  "You are not your own; you were bought at a price."  OH SHOOOT!! lol it seems kind of weird at first, because you don't usually think about it like that, but it's not weird.  We (all christians) were bought at a price!  Jesus' BLOOD/LIFE is what it costed!  and this isn't like a master buying a slave thing...instead of a master buying a slave to "imprison" him, God bought us and freed us from sin so that we could become His CHILDREN! and all He asks us to do is have a relationship with Him and love Him.  I don't even see how that's hard, I'd find it quite easy to love someone who just saved my life.  "Therefore honor God with your bodies."... i think i can do that.  How? by surrendering all I am to God.  I know i'm kind of taking this verse out of context, but I think it makes sense.  In this context, we need to honor God with our bodies through fleeing from sexual immorality.  But still, we can honour Him by surrendering our lives to Him and knowing that "I(we) have been crucified with Christ and I(we) no longer live, but Christ lives in me(us).  The life I(we) now live in the body, I(we) live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me(us) and gave Himself for me(us)." --Galations 2:20.


Anyways guys, I hope you are all doing well!
Smile and be happy! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment