Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Surrender!

I watched a video today...basically it was a person preaching for about 5 mins.  It was really powerful in my opinion! heres the link if you want! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QKCMbbeMaxM#!
but yeah theres so much in that! but i'm just gonna talk about one line he mentioned... one of the first things that stuck out to me when we was talk was this line..."I see people living but not surrendering lives" and this just like reminded me of all the stuff that i learned over the weekend!

On friday, a speaker came into acf and talked about his personal testimony.  And the thing that stuck out to me was Who God is to you!...Who is God to me?  The question posed was, is He my just my Saviour or is He also my Lord!  At first I was like. duhhh.. but then i thought about it more.  Christ being your LORD AND SAVIOUR is so much more!  you need that act of surrendering!  He is my Lord.  I honestly can't exactly explain myself atm for some reason... but for those Christians out there.. really think about this... if God is just your saviour or if He is also your Lord! and there is a difference! it makes a difference in the way you should live your life! because your life doesn't belong to you!

Yesterday (sunday), i went to coffeehouse and someone mentioned that verse.  2 Corinthians 12:9 "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." Doesn't this verse kind of make you want to surrender all to Jesus!  For His grace is sufficient fo me! and i want Christ's power to rest on me! like... iuno! i just find this verse connects with what I'm thinking!


Also, another thing to think about is a quote from "Ellerslie" (eric and leslie ludy) my fave authors! LOL jk but yeah! i love their books! :) "you cannot have complete joy without complete surrender".. don't know exactly where it's from, but its from them! LOL and it's so true to me!  LIke i said in my earlier posts, the closer i get to God, the more I get to experience His true joy! and it's amazing!  His true joy is what completes joy and you'll understand what being truly joyful is!.. through Him! 


I know this blog is like all mumble jumble LOL no organized manner or w/e.. but then when are my blogs organized anyways? but yeah these are just things i've been thinking about and i wanted to write it down before i forgot them!  I think God is telling me to surrender my life to Him! haha surrendering my laziness, surrendering my grades, surrendering my DG, surrendering...my whole life!


Anyways, SMILE guys! and be Happy! and surrender to GOD! :D
btw DG! i've been praying lots for u recently!  hope ur doing well out there! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment