Saturday, February 11, 2012

Am I content that I'm single still? lol

Sounds like a tough question eh? if you think about it.. i guess.. LOL but really it's not!  Sure, I guess there are those people who find joy in being single and never want to get married...like Paul and stuff... but the thing is.. the vast majority of people I know (including myself) are NOT like Paul...we do not want to live our lives and die single.  Sure, people say that God is enough! and yes.. indeed He truly is...but let's look back to the Old Testament (OT) and take a look at Creation!

So God creates the heavens and the earth.. and everything!! He creates the Garden of Eden and Adam.  He puts Adam in the garden to "work it and take care of it" (Gen. 2:15b).  Then God looks at His creation and sees that Adam NEEDS a helper! "The Lord God said, 'It is not good for the man to be alone.  I wil make a helper suitable for him.'" (Gen. 2:18) and this happened BEFORE the fall.. so before sin entered the world.  And then guess what? God gave Adam a woman, Eve!

Now look at this story and tell me that God wired us to be single...and that being happy and super content with being single all your life is biblical.  Tell me that desiring a wife/husband is sinful!.. LOL you can't! hAHA jokes! cos It's not biblical to just be happy that you are single when God wired you to need a helper!  and its def not sinful to desire a wife/husband!  God looked at Adam BEFORE the fall and saw that it is NOT good for a man to be alone!
Anyways, I got most of these ideas from a Matt Chandler sermon I listened to! it was really good. and one thing he said is this, "I'm content with what Christ is doing in me today, but I don't want to be who I am today, I'm hoping Christ to complete what He began" and that is exactly how I feel about me being single and not married at the moment.  Yes, I'm content...but I don't want to stay this way!  I know God's plan for me is marriage one day and I stand here...surrendering my life to Him because I know His way is the best.

If you're single, it's okay to desire a wife/husband!  I just hear this a lot.. and it sort of bothers me. "as soon as you're content, God will send you a man/woman" and it's not really like that! But I do agree though that when you truly desire God more than a man/woman, He will bless you! and honestly, this doesn't mean you have no desire for a man/woman... but yeah! i'm just complicating myself more atm! LOL so i'll stop! hope you guys get what I'm trying to say! :)

DG, I still can't wait! :)

Smile and be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment