Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10 verse!

Deuteronomy 8:17-18
"You may say to yourself, "My power and strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me."  But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today."

Recently, I've really been thinking about what I'm going to do with my life.  Am I going to be a doctor, a physio,  hobo?  Am I going to get married or will I always stay single?  Am I going to die young? LOL I actually thought about that stuff!  I guess I thought that stuff because, I may have lost vision of what God really wants me to do.  I used to think He wanted me to go into med school, but I don't know anymore!  It's just so complicated!  I also feel that sometimes I don't like being independent have having to be responsible for my life.  I like depending on my parents and family members most of the time...just because it's easier.  In that way, I'm still quite immature I guess! LOL Anyways, so I have been praying to God, asking Him to give me a vision of what HE wants for my life (expecting he'd be like.. "jireh i want you to be a doctor"...because honestly, that's really the only thing that matters.  Guess what He told me.. LOL nothing LOLOL! AHAH This is pretty much what I got from Him:  "Jireh, I want you!  I want you to do everything for me."  and that kind of hit me I guess.  Maybe i had this revelation before, but really, it shouldn't matter what exactly God wants me to be, especially at the moment.  God wants me to try my hardest for Him and He will provide!

This brings me to today's verse of the day (VOD) LOL.  I was just thinking that maybe in the future when IF i become a doctor or just excel in life, I genuinely hope that I can praise God in the end and say that EVERYTHING I am is because of Him.  He is the one that gives me wealth, however much it may be, not my power or strength.  "for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth"!

Smile Guys!! and be happy! :D

1 comment:

  1. Cool post :)

    I find that many times God is speaking to me, inviting obedience in the small things. Walking with God is a daily habit requiring a long obedience in the same direction.

    Keep smiling, Jireh :) May the joy of the Lord be your strength!

    ReplyDelete