Tuesday, May 21, 2013

VOD: Psalms 139:23-24 (yesterdays)

So yesterday, I came across this verse:
Psalms 139:23-24
"Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!"

And I was sort of thinking to myself!...would I actually say that?! haha "search me, O God, and know my heart!" I almost prefer if not! because my heart is evil! "try me and know my thoughts!" my thoughts are evil too... LOL "and see if there be any grievous way in me"... I am 100% sure there are grievous ways in me!! I guess, what I would say is "lead me in the way everlasting!" because I would want my life to be led by God!

Sometimes I wonder if I could ever say those words...just because I feel like it may almost always be rhetorical! My heart and my thought and my ways will always be sinful...and it's almost embarrassing to ask God to look at and search them! And it's so true I guess, if God looks at me and sees me...in His eyes, it's probably like some black mess of sinfulness...just cos He's just so perfect! Which then reminds me of God's grace to me! And Imputed righteousness!! Christ imputing His righteousness onto us, and us imputing our sin onto Him.  Because of Jesus, and because of what He has done for me, I can say those words! Because of Jesus, God can look at me and see Jesus.  I'm not saying that I'm perfect, or that because of Jesus I can do whatever I want...we are called to press on towards sanctification! but, it's always so great...thinking of God's grace and what He has done for me.  No longer a slave to sin, but a slave to righteousness and obedience to God! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment