Monday, May 27, 2013

Truck drivers!! :D

Though I’ve realized this before, I keep re-realizing things! Haah! Work is truly a mission field and I need prayer!!! Not just for myself, but for everyone I interact with! That God will touch their hearts and work in them! So if you don’t mind reading the following, I’d appreciate it if you prayed for me and everything! ahah

So, work today was super interesting!! Cept tiring, cos I worked 9 hours…butttt, for the first bit, I was wearing my ACF sweater cos it was cold.  In the front, there’s a cross and it says “rooted in Christ” and on the back, a bible verse from Col. 2:6-7 I think…haha! Anyway, I remember a while back, (2 weeks ago), I shared the gospel and talked to my co-worker about God! And it was so cool…just seeing God work and being super faithful to me, though I was sort of scared!  At the time, I told ppl about it and they prayed for him! And some of them were sort of joking around and said, you should share the gospel with truck drivers! And I’m like…”uhh, probably not the best time to talk to them about the gospel…but if God opens the door, I’ll go through it”  So then, I guess, later that day, I prayed to God that He would continue opening doors for me to be a light and share to others about Him!  So as the weeks passed, I guess I forgot about that prayer until God opened the door for me today!! Haha!

So, while I was wearing that sweater, one of the truck drivers starting talking about church/going to church/his friends and stuff…saying things like “you should never be forced to do something you don’t want to do” and it was interesting!!! Haha! At that point I realized… “nice, he know’s I’m a Christian! Lol let’s talk!!” I thought about just continuing with the survey and being “professional” but then I thought about it again and I’m like… who cares!?!? In the whole scheme of things, this man’s salvation is a million times more important than…”being professional”! so I started talking to him! Sort of snuck in the gospel!.. the need for God, how God sent his son for us, and how we just need to believe to be saved.  He knew all these things, but I think his heart has been hardened by the fact that he’s seen many of his “Christian” friends who just aren’t good examples and “devoted” their life to God too much.  When he described it, to me, it just seemed like they were not being good stewarts of their money.  They were not “working as if working for the Lord”…they were using God as an excuse to be lazy about their lives and be a bad witness to this man!  I’m glad he said he’s still open to go to church and stuff, but it hurts my heart seeing this man for some reason! And I really wanna ask you all to just pray for him! His name is Don.  Pray that God would soften his heart to His Spirit!  I recommended him to go to a Harvest church because I know they are good for the most part!  So really pray that he will take that step and that God will use people in his life to bring him closer!  I really pray that God will pursue him!

I think the scariest thing about sharing the gospel with strangers is that you always wish you said more!  Since we didn’t share contact information, we are literally planting the seed, and praying and knowing that God will be faithful and water it if it needs!  I don’t know if I’ll ever see Don again, but I pray, that if I do, it will be us rejoicing together and praising God together in heaven! :)


Jireh :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment