Wednesday, May 14, 2014

GRM Day 8, May 12

So today, I read about Noah! And read Genesis 9!
The part that sort of always sticks out to me was the part when he was naked LOL  i guess it makes sense that it would stick out! I get confused sometimes, just cos it seems not that bad? I don't see why its weird to lay naked on ur bed but then I guess there was more to that.  He was drunk before too and it probably just wasn't decent and stuff.  So ya, then Noah's son comes in, sees it, tells his bros who then put a garment over Noah. Anyways, it was sort of intense... how Noah cursed Ham/his son Canaan (the one who told his bros) but honestly, it's just like that I guess sometimes!  I guess the reason why I feel like it's intense was because Noah was in sin and because of his sin, sort of caused Ham to do what he did. But, now that I think of it, that is a worldly way of thinking about it!  We are called to honour our parents! and stuff! Ham could have clothed his father himself! Even though he was not in the right, doesn't give Ham an excuse to follow and make a spectacle among his bros.
Now that I keep thinking about this, it reminds me of how we are to treat one another, not like Ham, but like Shem and Japheth! When a brother sins or is in sin, we are not called to tell others, "oh look, our brother is in sin!!!" but we are called to bear with one another! We are called to help one another, and build each other up!
Galatians 6:1-5 puts what's in my mind into words nicely!!
"Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself. But let each one test his own work, and then his reason to boast will be in himself alone and not in his neighbour. For each will have to bear his own load."

Prayer: That I would be a Japheth and Shem!  That I would bear with my brothers when they are in sin, and restore them with a spirit of gentleness!  That as a body of Christ, we would bear with one another, and encourage each other, and spur one another on towards love and good deeds! Seeking God always and encouraging others to do so.  That I would not be prideful when I see other brothers in sin!

Jireh!

No comments:

Post a Comment