Saturday, September 28, 2013

As the deer pants

Psalm 42:1
"As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God."

For those that want to know the definition of "pant" it is the following:
to wish for or want something very eagerly
to long eagerly
to breathe quickly, spasmodically, or in a laboured manner

I just finished running for 30 mins with my close friends and it's always a great time for just reflection and thinking!  Although I really do hate running, LOL, i do miss it at the same time! cos honestly, when I'm doing crossfit, there is no way I am pondering on things or w/e...LOL i'm just dying!  Whereas when ur doing cardio, it's like nice and tiring, but so repetitive and not super tiring that it's so great to just think.
Anyways, yeah, this song was in my head the entire time...like what it means to pant...and I was sort of reminded! LOL not that I was dying or anything after the run (i'm a lot more dead after crossfit and stuff) but, I really longed for water!! I was eager for it! I was panting for water! and it just sort of became so real to me that as a deer (or me after a workout) pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God! or... so I want my soul to pant for God!! just interesting! and i have many thoughts but i got to do work now!! oh well! :)

Smile :)

Jireh!

No comments:

Post a Comment