Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Colossians

So today, I decided to read through Colossians! It's a good letter haha! I realized I need to keep my blogposts short to make this a sustainable thing so I'm going to be...super brief on what I learned/stuck out to me today! haha


  1. Perseverance in your faith - Colossians 1:23
  2. We are to warn people! - Colossians 1:28
  3. Do not be deceived/deluded by things of this world even if they are plausible arguments - Colossians 2:4, 8
    • We have died to these elemental spirits so we should not submit to them! - Colossians 2:20-23
    • note (elemental spirits = elemental principles)
  4. Since we have been raised with Christ, we must seek things of Christ - Colossians 3:1-4
    • What does this look like? Putting to death and putting away Col 3:5-10, and putting on Col 3:12-4:6
  5. Walking in wisdom and grace - Colossians 4:5-6
  6. I want to be like Epaphras!! Colossians 4:12-13

Okay cool!

Also, listened to a little seminar thing! And one thing I wanted to point out was that when making spiritual goals, it is important to always think about and specify the "How?" and "When?" and to have someone keep you accountable with these measures. And that it is always important to continue striving and there is a godly dissatisfaction with where you are spiritually...basically, knowing that you are not already perfect, and strive towards the goal God has placed for you (Phil 3)!
It's not about knowing more about God, but knowing who He is.


No comments:

Post a Comment